Welcome to Our Website!
Welcome to the website of the Almanzora Valley Gardening Club.
The Almanzora Valley is in the northern part of Almería Province in the South East corner of Spain. It has almost 320 days sunshine each year and the rainfall cannot be relied upon. From drought to flood we have to cope with arduous conditions to give our plants the chance to develop strongly.
Please feel free to browse the pages of our website. We hope you enjoy your visit and gain an insight into what it is like to pursue our gardening interests in this part of the world.
We are a group of likeminded amateur gardeners who are learning the techniques of gardening in a totally alien environment. The Spanish weather means we have to learn a whole new series of tricks for plants to survive. We are a very sociable and friendly group with a light hearted approach.
- Offer information and advice on gardening topics
- Each month there is a sale of member's plants, cuttings & produce and we also have a seed swap service
- Encourage lively debate with question and answer sessions
- Social evenings and excursions
- Guest speakers
- Members are encouraged to open their gardens (though this is not compulsory!)
- Monthly raffles with great prizes of plants and related items
- An annual show
We meet on the first Friday of every month (with the exception of January and August). starting at 10:30 a.m. at the Pedro Gilabert Museum in Arboleas (up the hill just past the Ayuntamiento & opposite the Bar Azabache).